I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Monday, January 26, 2009

New blog to follow

h/t to Randy's blog for this one:  The site politifact.com is tracking a list of 500 promises made during President Obama's campaign and whether each promise has been kept, is in process, was compromised, was not kept or has not yet been addressed.

As the actual URL is a little lengthy, you'll find it titled under "my blog list" as "Obama's promises 'at bat' avg".  I hope my comparing this to a baseball player's "at bat" statistic is apt and, if it is, I hope it is a kind tribute to the guy who passed this along to me.

I understand an at bat average of .400 (4 hits out of 10 times at bat) is the very best any player could hope for.  So, time will tell if Obama's performance is more in line with a baseball player or a typical pro basketball players free throw percentage (which, according to the NBA's website, should be between 70 and 80 percent).

No comments:

Search This Blog