I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gowns, etc. Part 1

We're in one of my favorite times of the year: Awards Season !

I treat tonight's award show (I'll let you look up which one that is - trying to avoid a slap down) like a practice game -- I work to do my best but don't sweat it if I miss on every swing.  I have learned years ago not to bet against my partner on picking winners in the categories, so I do my best to rate the shows on looks.  It's entertainment, not rocket science.

That said, here are my picks in each of the following categories:

Best gowns: Laura Linney (never cared for pastel yellow until tonight), Kate Beckinsale (, Anne Hathaway (lovely in dark blue) Tina Fey (when does she ever look bad at an award show?) & Jane Krakowski (classic look)

Shiniest gown: Jennifer Lopez.  It's been so long since I've noticed her in any gown - time was she made heads turn everytime she showed up at an award show in whatever she wore.

Best necklace: Beyonce (wow) and Elizabeth Banks (best looking necklace/gown combo)

and, sadly:

Worst gowns: Eva Mendez (she is so incredibly beautiful and sexy in The Spirit - the gown tonight was very unflattering) and Maggie Gyllenhall (it looks as if a rare blue leopard was skinned for this gown and, sadly, there is no such thing as a blue leopard) 

I have two weeks until the next big award show and another month or so to prepare for the granddaddy of all award shows.  So I can count on around six hours of pure entertainment distraction in the coming months.

No comments:

Search This Blog