I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Metallica: Disposable Heroes (song 17)

My favorite Metallica album of all time is "Master of Puppets".  It was not the first record they released and not the first one of theirs I heard.  It wasn't even the first album I bought (that honor goes to Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall").

I think I might have heard the album once or twice after I bought it before passing it along to several other of my high school friends for a few play-throughs.  I still have the vinyl copy I bought back in 1986.

I have a few other great memories from those times I tie together with that album that I'll share in the coming days.

Here's the first of 5 (out of the eight songs on the album) favorites from "Master of Puppets".  This one's called "Disposable Heroes".  The lyrics are a little out of step with the military's  current state of affairs, but there's no arguing with the tone.  This fan's keyboard cover of the song does a good job at displaying the tone without the benefit of hearing the lyrics:

No comments:

Search This Blog