I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Corruption! Corruption!

Now, what kind of political blogger would I be if I passed up the opportunity to write something up about corruption in politics?  However, while most bloggers would pick a team and stick with them, I'd like to think I can take a seat in the bleachers and train my binoculars at both the left and right field to get a better idea as to how the game is played.

So, I took a look at a video report filed at Pajamas TV by Jason Mattera of Young America's Foundation (there's a pop-up window I got when I visited - just thought you deserved a warning).  I do look forward to a future report from Jason on corruption in the Republican ranks; however, this report was all about House of Representatives Democrats.

I'm not going to be able to sift through it all here - the report can be viewed for free and you're welcome to catch what I could not and add comments to this blog or start your own.  From the looks of things, practically anyone can start a blog, so why not start one over this issue?

Here's what I'll share:

Charles Rangle (D-NY):  Jason mentions the "17 foot Cadillac DeVille" Mr. Rangle leases at "$800.00 a month".  A local NYC TV station wrote about this in May 2008 and mentioned other U.S Representatives and their car leasing choices.

For a little perspective, the Saturn VUE I have measures 15 feet in length.  I am only 12% off  - - so close to the Corruption! standard.

Accusations of taxes not being paid by Mr. Rangle were also made by Jason and, with a simple Google Search using the words Charles Rangle tax, can easily be confirmed.

John Murtha (D-PA):  Jason confronts Rep. Murtha about "eight Haditha Marines" whom Jason said Mr. Murtha said "killed innocents in cold blood".  A Pittsburgh PA TV station reported that one of the eight U.S Marines who were " . . charged after 24 Iraqi civilians were killed in Haditha (Iraq)" was "planning to file suit in federal court against Murtha on (September 25, 2008)".  The article also reports that, at the time the report was written, seven of the eight Marines had been cleared of those charges.

The bastion of liberal media MSNBC talks about what was said and when in this article from May 2006.  Oh, wait, I must've missed the uber-liberal pinko-commie bias MSNBC injects into practically everything they "report" - - I could only find an account of the incident and what Mr. Murtha said at the time.

Jason seems to not be able to tell the difference between this Pennsylvania Representative and a certain notorious organization based in the Middle East.

Jason also seems to be very proud of rehashing Corruption! today which local TV stations had reported over six months ago.

As a budding blogger myself, I have no business quashing enthusiasm nor attempts to shed new light into old news.  It's usually best to just let us on-line folk speak/write as we choose then fact check on your own.

Oh, what fun!  Ooh, and I've left Nancy Pelosi, William Jefferson (who was not reelected in November 2008 back to the House), Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank to you all to watch Jason's report then make up your own minds.

I have already made up my own mind on this.

No comments:

Search This Blog