I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Trying to find the spirit

Pretty bleak news on the unemployment front out today.  Click here for more details.

The president decided to give a statement from outside of the White House this morning. I think I would have heard more compassion, understanding and support from practically anyone else.

Being a Christian, I went looking for some kind of comfort, a place to rest, some reassurance. Nothing from my own church.  Not knowing where else to turn, I went to Amma's site.  She and her entourage were in Dearborn MI yesterday, one place in this country, I am sure, where comfort and encouragement are most needed and welcome.

While the "thought of the moment" didn't seem to apply to how I'm feeling, at least a spiritual leader is doing what she can, which is perfectly in line with what she has been doing in her home and in other places around the world.

Makes me wonder what other spiritual/religious leaders are doing these days?  Oh, yeah, they're doing stuff like this.

No comments:

Search This Blog