I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Court sides with ACLU"

No, you're not over-medicated or hallucinating or reading a Canadian blog.

The suffocating and strangling fog that has fallen over the U.S is slowly starting to lift and burn off.  A little ashamed to say I had to read the article about the federal appeals court ruling yesterday out loud in order to understand the reason for the lawsuit which led to yesterday's ruling and why this appeals court decision was so important.

In a nutshell, if the FBI issued a National Security Letter looking for information, the entity receiving the letter could not say a word about the request to anyone.  This, of course, lead to heaven-only-knows how many constitutional abuses being done where no one could see, hear or read about it.

No word on how long it will take before abuses under this portion of the Patriot Act will be revealed.  I will wait patiently . . no . . I freakin' cannot WAIT to see what kind of absurdity comes out because of yesterday's ruling. I'll do my best to not be surprised, but I have a lousy track record of that when it comes to things like these over the last 7-8 years.

No comments:

Search This Blog