I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Photo from the barrio


and I use the word barrio with affection.  I've lived in this neighborhood around 20 years and, in all fairness, it is far nicer than it used to be.  I used to have to stay away from windows after dark for fear of being hit by stray bullets.  Nowadays, I haven't heard so much as a backfire in years.

However, it seems there's still a small problem with graffiti (and there are still pairs of shoes hanging from a neighborhood power line - it's best to steer clear of that block after dark).  Thankfully, finding graffiti removal phone numbers/websites is fairly easy.

Since this sign is on my usual walk route, I'll let you know if/when this sign gets cleaned or replaced.

No comments:

Search This Blog