I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Monday, June 29, 2009

One weekend later

Well, I had little to worry about today as far as the Boulevard was concerned.  There was even rumors of summer-like weather starting today.  This didn't come to pass -- a cool breeze blew up and down the Boulevard all day.  Someone was thoughtful enough to set up the metal gates so visitors could queue up on the left and passers by could walk more quickly on the right.

or, I suppose, somewhere for someone to leave a dog while the someone went who knows where.
I'll let the rest of these photos speak for themselves.  Though the scale is hardly comparable, I kept flashing back to 1997 and the expressions of grief and support over the passing of Princess Diana.

I'll see how long this continues and, if anything changes, I'll take out the cell phone camera and . . uh, that sounds a little more like a threat.  Or, maybe I'm being too hard on myself?

What the pictures may not capture is that, in spite of the t-shirt, button, flowers, concert photo book-styled publications being sold, there was a genuine feeling of visitors walking past a body lying in state on the Boulevard.

With the recent deaths of well-known infomercial king Billy Mays and impressionist Fred Travalena, it's enough to throw anyone off balance.  Even I, who has a pretty even-keel philosophy on life and death, am not sure what to make of all of this.

While I chew on that, I suppose I need to dip my toe back into all things political.  Slowly.

No comments:

Search This Blog