I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Obama And Industry Groups To Propose $2 Trillion In Health Care Savings


I used to work for a managed care company in Customer Service/Authorizations/Claims adjustment. I agree with most of this article. The health insurance companies indeed do want to cut administrative costs. I should know, I was part of a big layoff and consolidation at the managed care company I worked at for nearly nine years.



Heaven forbid the administrative cost saving should affect the executives, owners and shareholders. The employers from whom the revenues came I'm sure appreciated slightly smaller than usual hikes in the monthly premiums they paid to the company. The doctors and hospitals, I'm sure, were thrilled to have to navigate an even more dense automated menu-driven phone system or to be one of over 100 calls answered per Customer Service Rep per day.



Everyone happy?
About Barack Obama
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Search This Blog