I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Long Beach Pride Weekend!

Before I dig in to some gay/gay adjacent tidbits, I've been watching, listening and reading what time permits on who ordered what and who was told what and when regarding torture at Abu Grahib, Guantanamo Bay, etc.

The cast of characters are much the same and . . . oh, surprise . . . our former VP Cheney seems to be the top dog in the whole sordid mess.  And, just so someone can point and whine like a sulking child "See? She knew it too! She should be in truhhhh-bulllllllll !!!!  waaa-aaaa-aahhh !!", Speaker of the House Pelosi has gotten caught up in this mess, too.

So, I'll wait to see what piles of dung get flung where next week, hold my nose and poke around all of it to see what it all means.

***********************************************************************************

The Pride Festival and Parade take place this weekend in Long Beach, CA.  I'll be one of the volunteers there tomorrow afternoon and, if I don't get too exhausted after that, I'll head back to Long Beach  on Sunday for the Parade.  I have not been to one of these parades in over 10 years.  I'm not expecting anything I had not already seen in previous parades; however, in light of all the things happening in the world of teh gay lately, it seems this is a good time to reconnect with my tribe.

Now, as an appetizer to this weekend's festivities, I could not stop laughing at the first segment of last night's Daily Show.  I've not been so tickled and laughed so hard and long in quite awhile.  All because . . . "he's gay!"

No comments:

Search This Blog