I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Monday, May 25, 2009

I'll be here the evening of June 19

Devi Bhava, or as dharmakaya.com explains:
Literally translated as “the mood of the Divine Mother,” Devi Bhava is a very special event that celebrates the feminine aspect of God, and God’s unconditional love and compassion for all humanity. It is a traditional, joyful celebration when Amma gives darshan as the Divine Mother in the manner symbolized by the Hindu tradition.
In other words, the Hindu version of a worship service.  I went to the Devi Bhava in L.A. last year.  Though my splitting migraine got the better of me and I had to leave shortly after the service ended and the darshan (see the vid below, about 2:30 in) began, it was a great joy to celebrate and feel God's presence in the ballroom.

Can't wait to see what happens this year. I best get to practicing a few bhajans . . just a few weeks left.

No comments:

Search This Blog