I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Type 2 Diabetes - a new insight

This article from BBC News got me to thinking -- ironic?

I'm only a few crashes away from Type 2 myself.  Being "pre-diabetic" is basically keeping the diabetic diet and a mild daily oral med. If what was discovered about the links between brain issues and Type 2 diabetes in old age is proven, it's well worth it to keep to the diet and exercise as best as possible.

Lifeclinic has a page devoted mostly to starting and maintaining an exercise routine (though I think using public transportation daily forces more than enough walking and stair climbing to satisfy the requirements) and some general diet tips.  It's as good a place to start as any (and if you find diabetes information without a corporate sponsor attached to it, even indirectly, I'd love to know about it).

No comments:

Search This Blog