I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Jaheem Herrera

Yes, it has happened again.

CNN reports on the death of Jaheem Herrera.  Once again, 11 years old.  Once again, bullied mercilessly over not just the perception he was gay, but the fact his family is from the Virgin Islands.

If you or someone you know is feeling like you may harm yourself, no matter the reason, please click on the banner above to get connected to the Trevor Project.  While they specialize in working with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, queer/questioning youth, they also help match resources to people in need if they are not equipped to help.

Blessedly, Jaheem's suffering is over.  If there is any sense of justice for those who taunted, teased and bullied this boy, their days of suffering are just beginning.

May they find forgiveness somewhere and somehow.  They won't find it here.

While I'm settling all of this in my head, here's the new Green Day song.  I've had it on the iPod for a while and it's grown on me with each play (lyrics here).  Enjoy!


No comments:

Search This Blog