I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

An orange lining in every "cloud"




If it's hot and dry in Southern California, there must be fires burning.  This time around, my little slice of SoCal gets to sit back and watch while multiple fires burn all around.

These photos I just took as the sun sets on the West are from the fire near La Cañada/Flintridge.  The low hanging sun filtered through the smoke created the look of these dramatic smoke clouds.  Lack of wind and moisture take care of the rest.

It's the longest I spent outside today taking these photos above. Even 30 miles away the smoke and ash are sneaking into everyone's lungs and, frankly, it felt as if I was slogging through a pool of water to get to the corner and snap these.  It was worth it!


No comments:

Search This Blog