I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A different kind of memorial on the Blvd

Just today, two days after the 32nd anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, I saw a lovely tribute at his star on the Walk of Fame.  While tourist still surround Michael Jackson's star near Graumann's, this star has been left relatively untouched.

The official website for Elvis has his bio and all sort of other interesting information.  The question is still out there about whether Michael Jackson will wind up with something similar to Elvis' site.

Being a new century and all, it would be nice if Michael Jackson's legacy remains, for the most part, on-line, leaving nothing like a Graceland for hard-core fans to visit.  That said, I'd still like to visit Memphis and Nashville someday and take a tour of Graceland, the Grand Ole Opry and have a night of the blues back in Memphis.

Now, I just have to get a permanent job so I can get some vacation time.

No comments:

Search This Blog